San Ignacio: Caracol Maya Ruins & Waterfall Tour with Lunch6 Reviews
Discover the Caracol Ruins and learn about this ancient metropolis on a guided tour. Hike through the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve to explore Rio Frio Cave and relax in the waters of the Rio on Pools or Big Rock Waterfalls.
- Discover the ruins of Caracol, the largest metropolis of the Maya lowlands
- Learn about the archaeological discoveries at the Caracol site
- Explore Rio Frio Cave and swim in the refreshing waters of the Rio on Pools or Big Rock Waterfalls
DescriptionStart with pickup at 7:30 AM from San Ignacio and travel 1.5 hours to the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve. Upon arrival walk for 10 minutes until you reach the Rio Frio Cave. After exploring this small cave, drive to the Chiquibul Forest Reserve located nearby. Explore the ruins of Caracol, which was the largest metropolis in the Maya lowlands located deep within the Chiquibul Forest Reserve. While travelling to this location, enjoy a stunning scenery of the flora and fauna. Walk along the trails and paths that were once traversed by nobles and citizens of the Mayan empire. Explore the largest Mayan archaeological site in Belize on a 3-hour guided tour. Learn about the size of the former city, as well as the various religious rituals performed in the temples. Climb some of the structures and learn about the important archaeological discoveries of the site. Enjoy a local lunch followed by a visit to the Rio on Pools or Big Rock Waterfalls. Swim in the refreshing waters to cool off after a day of exploring, and be returned to San Ignacio at approximately 5:00 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from San Ignacio English and Spanish-speaking tour guide Air-conditioned vehicle Local lunch Snacks Water Entry tickets and fees
- Participants should have a moderate level of physical fitness
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 participants
- This experience requires a minimum number of participants; in the unlikely event that the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY