My Guide Website?
From San Ignacio: Tikal Maya Site Day-Trip with Local Lunch4 Reviews
Cross the border to Guatemala to visit the Mayan temples of the Tikal archaeological complex, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit one of the largest archaeological sites and urban centers of the pre-Colombian Maya civilization
- Discover the highlights of a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Cross the border to Guatemala with assistance from a professional guide
DescriptionStart with pickup from San Ignacio at 7:00 AM, and take a 15-minute drive to Guatemalan border. Be assisted at the border by your guide, and continue on the 2-hour long journey to Tikal. Discover the ancient Mayan site of Tikal which is considered to be one of the most spiritual locations on earth. Once at the national park, see the abundance of wildlife surrounding the temples. Discover how the Mayan civilization built inspiring temples and cities that formed a vast complex of religious, social and political power. Enjoy a guided tour of the main sights of the complex, which is estimated to have over 3,000 structures including palaces, temples, ceremonial platforms, ball courts, terraces, plazas, causeways, and reservoirs. See several of the main temples including the tallest structure which measures 212 feet. After visiting the main parts of Tikal, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Then, drive back to San Ignacio you can stop at the local gift shops, with arrival back in San Ignacio at approximately 4:30 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in San Ignacio Transport by air-conditioned vehicle Local lunch Snacks Water Entry tickets to Tikal Professional tour guide
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel to cross the border
- Please check in advance to find out if you need a visa to enter Guatemala
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- It is recommended you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- There is a border departure tax of $19 which must be paid on the day of the tour