My Guide Website?
Caye Caulker: Hol Chan Marine Reserve Small-Group Tour19 Reviews
Avoid the crowds on a unique small-group tour to Hol Chan Marine Reserve, one of the oldest marine reserves in Belize. Explore the second-largest barrier reef in the world. Swim and snorkel with sharks, stingrays, eels, turtles, and many fish species.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belize:If youʻre booking your trip to Belize last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Snorkel at Hol Chan Marine Reserve, part of the second-largest barrier reef in the world
- Marvel at an abundance of marine life and corals
- Swim with sharks, stingrays, turtles, and more
- Benefit from small groups up to 12 people and a professional tour guide
- Get GoPro coverage of your underwater adventure
DescriptionDiscover the wide variety of lush marine life in the Hol Chan Marine Reserve. Get your heart racing by snorkeling with sharks and stingrays on the second-largest barrier reef in the world. Receive GoPro pictures after your tour to relive your experience with friends and family. Meet your group at the meeting point on Caye Caulker island, then take a 30-minute boat ride along the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef to the Hol Chan Marine Reserve. Hol Chan has been a marine reserve since May 2, 1987, and covers almost 7 square miles (18 square kilometers). Some areas are only about 5 feet (around 1.5 meters) deep, while the channel is about 30 feet (just over 9 meters) deep. Once at the reserve, choose whether to observe the abundant marine life from the boat or take the adrenaline rush of jumping in and exploring the amazing underwater world. If snorkeling, keep on the lookout for brain coral, star coral, sharks, stingrays, turtles, pufferfish, eels, parrotfish, angel fish, barracuda, and even the seasonal manatee. Spend around 45 minutes exploring the vast variety of fish species at the first site. Follow this with the opportunity to snorkel with sharks and stingrays in Shark Ray Alley, then enjoy snorkeling with the majestic sea turtle. At the end of the tour, head back to the peaceful island of Caye Caulker where you began.
IncludesProfessional tour guide Fruit, snacks, and lunch Water and refreshments Snorkeling equipment Entrance fees Underwater pictures WiFi onboard
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility, pregnant women or people with back problems.
- The tour will take place rain or shine.
- The tour may be canceled if the winds are too strong. In this case, you will be offered the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
- GoPro pictures will be sent to your email within 3 days after the tour.