My Guide Website?
From Belize City: Day Trip to Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave2 Reviews
Hike through the jungles near Belize City and enter the Mayan underworld at the cave of Actun Tunichil Muknal. See Mayan objects left behind and the skeletal remains of a human sacrifice.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belize:If youʻre booking your trip to Belize last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience a jungle hike through the Tapir Mountain Nature Reserve
- Discover Mayan artifacts and skeletal remains inside the sacred cave
- Learn about the history and traditions of the Mayan culture
DescriptionStart with pickup from your hotel in Belize City and travel for 75 minutes outside the city to begin the hike. Walk for approximately 45 minutes through the lush jungle of the Tapir Mountain Nature Reserve to reach the entrance of the cave of Actun Tunichil Muknal. Enter the cave by swimming, or be towed through 12 feet of water, with life vests provided. Once inside, marvel at the huge interior of the cave. With your guide, discover various types of artifacts from the Mayan civilization. See ceramics and stoneware which were left in the cave and learn about Mayan history and culture. Explore a highly sacred location for the Mayans, and discover the remains of the 'Crystal Maiden,' who is thought to be a victim of human sacrifice. After a fascinating journey through the remnants of the past, exit the cave and be returned to Belize City.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from Belize City Bilingual English and Spanish-speaking tour guide Helmet Headlamps Life vest Lunch with beverage
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women and those with reduced mobility
- Please note that the entry fee of $15 is not included and must be paid in cash on the day